Year 1 Newsletter 2023
Teaching and Learning at St Philips C of E Primary School
Class: Mr Brown Year 1 Half Term: Autumn, 2023
Your child will be learning about the following this half term:
· In this half term we will be labelling and writing a description of penguins and bees.
· We will be learning how to
· Combine words to make sentences.
· Leave spaces between words.
· Begin to use capital letters and full stops.
· Use capital letters for names of people and the personal pronoun.
· Numbers to 10
· Number Bonds
· Addition within 10
· Subtraction within 10
Harvest/God and Creation
Our Local area
We will be learning
· Completing a range of circuit-based activities and to understand the reason for doing them.
· Understanding what happens to the heart rate during exercise.
· Learning how to use a range of equipment.
· Learning about different how to balance on different balance points.
Modern Foreign Language (Spanish)